Website Accessibility & ADA Compliance Plan
Obvious Wines is committed to ensuring that all persons with disabilities have full and equal access to our digital offerings. We are currently reviewing and updating the Obvious Wines website (https://obviouswines.com) to ensure that both the overall website and all content posted thereon are available and provided in accessible formats. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the WCAG (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines) 2.1 Level AA, below is our website accessibility implementation plan:
Phase One: Planning
- Work with the current website development company to conduct a full site audit.
- Develop an implementation plan for making current and future website content accessible in accordance with the ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) and the WCAG (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines) 2.1 Level AA.
- Create and publish an accessible website featuring the implementation plan.
- Add a notice to the bottom page footer stating that we are in the process of updating our website to ensure ADA compliance.
- Add a link to an internal accessible web page where visitors can view our accessibility statement which includes a telephone number and email address for visitors to request accessible information, to notify us of any issues or concerns, or to provide feedback or input into how accessibility can be improved.
- Add a link to an internal accessible web page where visitors can view our ADA compliance implementation plan.
- Consult with legal counsel to ensure we abide by accessibility laws and guidelines to include, but not limited to the ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) and WCAG (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines) 2.1 Level AA.
Phase Two: Implementation
- Use proper semantic HTML markup techniques to structure the website’s content.
- Present content in a meaningful order and sequence so that it reads properly.
- Add “alt” text to all images and non-text graphical content.
- Add descriptive labels to form elements (for example, input fields and buttons).
- Include clear instructions for form elements (for example, input fields) so that users know what inputs and formats are expected.
- Ensure web pages include unique and descriptive titles.
- Ensure links include clear and descriptive anchor texts.
- Use a color contrast ratio of at least 4.5:1 between all text and background.
- Add “Skip to Content” or “Skip Navigation” links to allow users to bypass the header and navigation menu and go straight to the main content.
- Remove all empty HTML title elements.
- Fix or remove all broken links.
- Update the shopping cart to allow for accessible keyboard navigation.
- Work with Yotpo reviews and ratings platform to allow for a more accessible experience when navigating through the reviews and ratings sections of the website.
Phase Three: Quality Assurance and Maintenance
- Obvious Wines will continue to take the following steps to ensure all new content on our website conforms with the ADA and WCAG 2.1 Level AA:
- Review new content and ensure it is up to date with WCAG 2.1 Level AA.
- Make any amendments as necessary.